Thursday, June 4, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.03 miles
Time: 39:44
Pace: 9:52 min/mi

Comments: Last of the mid-week runs so I wanted to put a bit more into it. After a solid warm up mile, I decided to try and get the pace under 10 min/mi. Mission accomplished.

The other thing I decided to do was push it up the long hill on the fourth mile. This is .37 mile with a 4% grade so it ends up being an 80 foot climb overall. The 3:22 effort was my best on the segment (but now Strava put the history behind paywall, I got no idea what my old PR was).

Anyhow, it was a good effort.

Conditions

Hour: 8:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 84 degrees
Humidity: 75 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: Tightness in my left calf during the warm up mile. I felt a stiffness earlier this week both during runs and later but nothing major or long lasting. This was noticeably more discomfort but not painful.