Friday, July 10, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.03 miles
Time: 42:36
Pace: 10:34 min/mi

Comments: Up early and out the door early-ish. It looks like 7 a.m. is the latest to head out and miss the bulk of the walkers. The few out there were pretty conscientious, which is a nice change.

Throughout this one I toyed with both the idea of going for a longer effort or taking another shot at my PR on the hill. I eventually ditched both for a normal run with a pretty high cadence. Today ain't the day to get fancy if I want a strong effort this weekend.

So the workout was pretty tame considering. One weird thing though, I spent a good 20% of the run in the Zone 1 heart rate. Not something I do that often.

Conditions

Hour: 7:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 86 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada