Sunday, July 5, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 6.77 miles
Time: 1:09:32
Pace: 10:16 min/mi

Comments: I keep complaining about the heat and humidity thinking it can't really get worse... and then it does. I didn't help myself by waiting till later in the morning to get this done. And then it was one of those wonderful runs where you get rained on in the sun.

Anyhow, the first portion of this actually went quite well. I felt pretty strong and in control of the effort. It got tougher on the second uphill half but I never felt completely fatigued. Well, the last half mile was kind of shitty, but other than that.

About a third of the run was in Zone 5 heart rate and almost a half was Zone 4 so I feel that was a pretty good long run effort. We'll see if I can keep that balance as I try and up the mileage in the next few weeks.

Conditions

Hour: 9:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy/light rain
Temperature: 81 degrees
Humidity: 81 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada