Sunday, July 12, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.62 miles
Time: 49:35
Pace: 10:44 min/mi

Comments: The plan was to get up early and knock out a solid long run. A front blew through and, while it was still warm, the humidity was a bit more reasonable.

I was hoping for eight miles. At about half a mile in, it was pretty clear that was unrealistic. My legs just didn't have any juice at all. I scaled back to a 6 miler and then even that seemed ambitious. I settled for the 4.6 mile loop.

Whatever had me dragging ass didn't really affect my performance. Overall pace was about right and heart rate was right at my long run range. I'm guessing it was a diet or hydration issue.

Conditions

Hour: 7:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 68 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada