Monday, July 13, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.03 miles
Time: 42:23
Pace: 10:31 min/mi

Comments: Not my finest effort. It been oppressively hot lately. I thought getting out by 9 a.m. would be late enough to skip the worst of the heat. Then I decided to try for the six miler I cut short yesterday. That was asking a bit too much.

The run itself went fine enough. My legs felt better than yesterday although I was probably a bit dehydrated. I kept a solid cadence and my pace didn't sag badly at all. But at mile four I pulled the plug. The extra miles aren't worth overheating or wearing my legs out needlessly.

Resting tomorrow. We'll see what the rest of the week brings after that.

Conditions

Hour: 8:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 87 degrees
Humidity: 76 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada