Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 8.03 miles
Time: 1:26:12
Pace: 10:44 min/mi

Comments: Much better. Finally got in the long run I have been meaning to do the last few weeks. Not fancy in any way, shape, form or fashion but a solid run nonetheless.

Got out earlier than yesterday but later than I intended as I had to go vote. The temperature was a few degrees cooler but, more importantly, the shade was substantial up until the final mile or so. Also, got my hair cut for the first time in five months and it feels spectacular.

Really focused on cadence for this one and the amount of exertion. Really didn't look at the pace at all. Still, it fell in that regular range I've been hitting. Heart rate was in that same range as well with only a small portion in the highest zone.

Conditions

Hour: 8:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 83 degrees
Humidity: 77 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada