Sunday, August 13, 2006

Week Wrapup

Distance: 34 kilometers (21 miles)
Time: 2 hours 50 minutes

Comments: A pullback week that turned into a recovery week for real. My efforts early in the week, although much less than normal, took a lot out of me and, as the week went on, I found myself overtired.

So I took an extra day off and moved my long run up a day to get an extra day off after it as well. The result was a damn good run to finish the week with.

I seem to be gravitating to an 8 minute mile pace. Obviously, that's training pace. I don't really know what my race pace is yet. This is not bad but I would like to be at 7:30 per mile by the time I run the marathon. That means I need to start doing some speed work.

No real injury issues. My knees were achy most of the week but not on the long run so I assume it was from the 2 hour run with the hills from the week before. I will be more conservative about hill work from now on.

With the marathon training looming less than a month away I want to play around with a few workout things to see if I think I can integrate them into my final schedule which is still under construction. This week will be the laboratory for that.

I would like to get in a good hill day - if my knee allows it - and a good speed day - if my energy levels allow it. Otherwise it will be just regular running and tallying up the miles.