Monday, August 14, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4.5 kilometers (2.8 miles)
Time: 22 minutes 
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Started out pretty good but found myself pushing it more than I probably should. The idea was to put in a 45-minute run at about my usual 8-minute-mile pace but I was clearly doing better than that. I kept it up to about the 20-minute-mark and then asked myself "What the heck am I doing?"

So I cut it short at just short of the 22 minute mark and brought it in. The plan is to head out again this afternoon and put in a pretty good 22-minute follow-up to get a feel of two-a-days.

The left knee was gimpy a bit at the start and the left quad on the outside - IB region - was tight when I was walking it in. Not good.