Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 13.5 kilometers (8.4 miles)
Time: 71 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 70s, noon run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: After yesterday's disaster I decided to cut back the pace and add the miles. Because when in doubt, stick with what you do best. 

Because of the achy knees - which didn't feel very happy this morning at all - I made it a point to stretch out pretty good beforehand and wear the strap on the left knee. Between that and the shorter stride I tried to stick to I didn't seem to have much problems. 

The run went pretty well. I carbed up last night and put in some pre-run calories as well so I had all the reserves I needed to get through it. I probably should have carried a water bottle but oh well.

All in all, I am a much happier, yet tired, runner today.