Saturday, August 19, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8.2 kilometers (5 miles)
Time: 40 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 70s, morning run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: I actually had planned my off day for today but I swapped it out 'cause I got busy yesterday with some work. I also did a lot of walking after my long run on Thursday so it seemed like a good idea to cut back.

Stretched pretty good and held myself down to a slightly reduced pace on the front end and pushed it a touch on the back. Which worked pretty well, giving me my usual pace but not the usual amount of tired. If fact, I felt pretty strong and prepared the whole way.

No aches and pains other than a tightness in my right calf. I haven't been doing stretches for my calves that much so I'll add it to the pre-run regimen.