Monday, August 14, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 2.7 kilometers (1.67 miles)
Time: 13 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 70s, afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Well, that was a disaster. I got to just past the 10 minute mark and was completely sucking wind. I gave it up at about the 12-13 minute mark because I figured it wasn't worth wearing myself out and aggrivating the ache in my knee.

My suspicion is that by not eating too well yesterday, I limited my ability today. While I felt strong enough to get through the thing there just wasn't that 'umph' there to do the run. At this point, there is no need to push it.

The knee issue is starting to worry me. It is achy but not painful, per se. It may be this faster pace causing the problem so I am going to try and do a longer run much slower tomorrow to see how it does. And hello ice.