Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 31:18
Pace: 7:50/mi

Comments: Kept it pretty low-key due to the residual effects of the 20-miler on Sunday. Despite that I felt pretty good the whole way and really didn't have any problems to speak of.

I deliberately put off the run until the afternoon so it gave me a few more hours recovery and plenty of time for my muscles to limber up before asking anything of them. I didn't stretch before hand (I've been neglecting that for the past few weeks except for trying to work out the problem areas) and started at little more than a jog.

I had to deal with kids coming out of school. Disaffected youth demonstrating their mastery over the sidewalks. Taking it to the man one bike path at a time. t least getting plowed into one of them isn't fatal like the bimbos driving SUV's while talking on the phone.

Conditions

Hour: 2:00 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 63 degrees
Humidity: 22 percent
Wind: 8 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: Not much, actually. I wore the Brooks and was worried about the left calf acting up but nary a peep. My quads on both sides were pretty sore, though. Sunday put a lot more pounding on them than I realized.