Saturday, December 16, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 32:58
Pace: 8:15/mi

Comments: And the miles continue to take their toll. I felt stronger than I did yesterday but things are by no means easy at this point. I'm dreading tomorrow's long run a little but the prospect of Monday off is simply glorious.

Started slow and kept it steady. No heroics today. Just a nice easy run to get ready for tomorrow. The most difficult part was having to deal with the usual Arizona idiots on the road.

Today it was teenagers screaming at me as they passed by (at least they aren't throwing anything) and snowbirds swerving onto side streets without looking where the hell they are going.

One of the latter had the audacity to glare at me after almost running me down. Nice to know wherever you are going is more important than my life, asshole.

Conditions

Hour: 11 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 59 degrees
Humidity: 36 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Asics (it's the Kayano's only from now on)
Con Musica

Injury update: Just the soreness from all the miles.