Thursday, December 14, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 62:13
Pace: 7:47/mi

Comments: The day got crazy busy and I kept putting the run off knowing my work would be shot once I went out to do it. Finally, even though I had just eaten, I got out at door at about 5 p.m.

Late afternoon and night running bothers me a bit due to the rush hour traffic and the stupidity of Arizona drivers. I feel safe enough on the sidewalk but those corner mall entrances and exits are a nightmare.

But there was enough light most of the way to compensate.

The run went well. No major issues, felt strong. Don't mess with success.

Conditions

Hour: 5 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 66 degrees
Humidity: 21 percent
Wind: 6 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: My quads on both sides felt pretty tight and I've developed a blister on the tip of my middle toe on the right foot.