Friday, December 15, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 49:25
Pace: 8:14/mi

Comments: I am really feeling all the miles now. I woke up kind of sore and I could really feel it on the pavement throughout the run.

Obviously, I let the pace slack a bit. Despite that, I ended up doing it about half-a-minute faster per mile than I was expecting.

I got out to do this one relatively early knowing that if I put it off, due to my soreness, I'd probably not end up doing it. And I really want to pour on the miles these last two weeks to be fully ready for the race.

So, although it wasn't easy, I gritted my teeth and got through it. In honesty, it was no worse than mile 18 and 19 of Sunday's long run.

Conditions

Hour: 9 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 47 degrees
Humidity: 30 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: The blister on the toe seems to have been a toenail issue. My quads on both legs are damn sore though.