Sunday, July 15, 2007

Long Run

Time: 2 hours 5 min
Distance: 22 kilometers

Comments: This one was tough. I knew when I got up that I wasn't in peak shape for it but I laced them on and got out the door before I could talk myself out of it. There wasn't any injury keeping me from doing it (see below) but I knew I was tired and the workload of the last two weeks has taken it's toll. But, this is what the long runs are for - training yourself to push through being tired and wanting to give up. This is my battlefield now. I know how to handle this bastard.Anyhow, the run went relatively well. I took it down to Chorillos first which gave me a few hills and pavement work. Then, after getting all the way to Playa Herradura, I turned around and ran the length of the seafront to just about M,agdalena del Mar. Then ret