Thursday, July 12, 2007

Training Run

Time: 45 min
Distance: 9 kilometers

Comments: Another very good run. Got into a groove and rode it the whole freaking way. Awesome.Started slowly and got into a rhythm pretty fast. Felt completely in control and with plenty in the tank. So I put it at a solid pace - maybe 3/4 race pace - and rode it as long as I could. Which turned out to be the whole run.What seems clear is that I'm starting to cash the strength building checks I was writing over the past few weeks. It doesn't mean I'm over the hump but, if I focus on maintaining the progress, this race could become a reality.

Conditions:

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Warm-up: 1 km run/stretching
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 85 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Miraflores, Peru
Shoes: Brooks Trance
Con Musica

Injury upda,te: Had a twinge in th