Sunday, July 8, 2007

Long Run

Time: 2 hours
Distance: 20 kilometers

Comments: The first real long run of my training and the first solid week of training since I got this thing going.I hit the road pretty early. The week has been taking its toll. I'm sleeping hard as a rock. I got out early knowing it would be a long long haul for this one. The weather was ideal, a bit chilly and overcast with an intermittent mist. Completely miserable for normal people, in other words.Knowing I wanted to stay on the dirt I headed westerly, up the beach. After getting out of Miraflores it turned into an apocalyptic hellscape out of Mad Max or something. Rubble, burning refuse and shredded plastic bags flapping in the breeze. But it was dirt so my legs were happy and I stuck with it.I got all the way to San Martin, where the main road heads back into the city and turned around. It was a bit shy of the one-hour mark so I made it all the way back to the starting point but ,had to tack on another 2