Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Training Run

Time: 45 min
Distance: 8 kilometers

Comments: Well, yesterday turned into a real recovery day. I felt shelacked the whole day. Truck-impact bad. So I headed out with a bit of trepidation this morning. I felt better upon waking but I wasn't going to let that lull me into a false sense of security. That said, the run started slow but got into gear pretty well. By halfway I was going along at a pretty good clip and even reeled in a Peruvian that blew by me and cut every corner of the route. Lord that irks me.I planned a full hour but cut it short when it became apparent the pace I ran was a LOT faster than a recovery run. I'll pick up the difference later in the week if I can.
Conditions:

Hour: 8  a.m.
Surface: concrete
Warm-up: none
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 94 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Miraflores, Peru