Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Hill Run

Distance: 2 miles (1 mile warm up)
Time: 19:27
Pace: 9:42 min/mi

Comments: This week's intense effort: hills. Haven't done these in awhile but they suck just as much as I remembered. I debated where to run these and finally settled on the hill that beat my ass in the half marathon in March.

I did a warm up mile to prepare and, dear lord, the humidity almost brought me to my knees. I also had issues with my GPS so I have no idea of my splits on the hill.

I know the distance was roughly 1,200 feet and the grade just more than 5.3%. I did the first one in approximately 2:30 and a little faster after that. The downhill was a jog and then turn around and do it again.

I did four sets with a little bit extra to make it an even two miles. That gave me 500 miles on the year, which was my New Year's Resolution.

Conditions

Hour: 10:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 82 degrees
Humidity: 82 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada