Sunday, July 8, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:33:35
Pace: 9:21 min/mi

Comments: The big week of miles concluded with a slight pull-back on my long run; 10 miles. I started slow but with an eye on keeping it under 10 min/mi pace if at all possible. After warming up, I just tried to keep it steady and save up for the second half.

I beat the target at the halfway point and felt strong enough to start pushing the effort. I focused on reeling the hill miles in under that 10 min/mi limit and then kept up the tempo. On the last three miles I let myself keep speeding up until the final mile when I went flat out as hard as I could.

This was about as strong a run as I have done in as long as I can remember. I felt in control the whole way and focused as well. Afterward I was tired but not totally exhausted as I have been following other recent long runs.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada.