Thursday, July 12, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 56:07
Pace: 9:21 min/mi

Comments: Up unusually early today so it was still dark when I started. As a result, it was humid as the beejesus but only the last 15 minutes or so of the run was with direct sunlight. That helped a lot.

I wanted a good steady effort but without pushing things too hard. The target pace was 9:30 min/mi and, as usual, that meant going a decent amount faster due to the first "warm up" mile. Still, I never felt I was pushing things to hard; my breathing was normal and fatigue was never a factor.

All in all, I'm really feeling like I am in control of my runs again. That's a nice change from the hold-on-and-survive approach of things I've battled most of this year. The key is now using that to maximize performance.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 85 percent
Wind:calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada