Saturday, July 14, 2018

Pace Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 33:51
Pace: 8:27 min/mi

Comments: My "rest" day yesterday was, instead, a tough travel day. I didn't feel really rested when I got up but I didn't feel particularly bad either. I got out a little late which worked out OK since it was a little cooler.

My initial target was a sub-36 minute four miler which would put me south of 9 min/mi pace. This came out quite a bit quicker than that partially because I pushed it a little hard on the first mile to makeup for the "warm up" slowness.

But it looks like I'm pretty comfortable in the 8:30 to 8:45 range. My heart rate never crept into Zone 5 and hung pretty steady in Zone 4 for most of the last two miles. I'll play around with holding this pace for the end of the long run tomorrow.

Conditions

Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 79 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada