Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:37
Pace: 9:53 min/mi

Comments: The target today was to test the legs and pull back a bit from the intensity of last week. I was wanting about as close to a 40 minute effort as I could muster and came pretty close.

I was a bit surprised at the lack of stiffness getting started. Usually the warm up mile following a hard long run is highly unpleasant. This was pretty routine and I had to really concentrate on keeping the pace slow. And that turned out to be the theme of the workout.

I let myself speed up a little on the very last mile to ensure getting under the 10 min/mi pace threshold but, overall, a very smooth effort.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 84 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada