Thursday, July 5, 2018

New Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

With the prospect of marathon training looming, it is time to consider the the miles I'm about to put on my shoes. The current pair is holding up well but the lack of "rest" days are likely to age them in dog years.

So, being in Fort Worth today, I popped into The Fort Worth Running Company and picked up another pair. This time it's back to Brooks with the Ghost 11. This is another neutral sole shoe but it feels like it offers a bit more support than the Saucony's. There is also a bit more cushion in the heel, something that might matter as I start putting in much longer runs.

I'll try the new pair tomorrow but go back to the old pair for this weekend's long run. After that, the plan will be to alternate them day-by-day to give them time to recover between workouts.