Friday, July 6, 2018

Recovery Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 59:23
Pace: 9:53 min/mi

Comments: This is getting classified as a recovery run due to the pace but, getting started, I decided to try and put in six miles on it. I'm going to need to add the long(ish) mid-week runs at some point. Additionally, it was a good opportunity to check my heart rate over the hour time period, similar to the race.

Overall, this one felt like a recovery run. I kept it very comfortable and only pushed things as I encountered uphills on the way. I did give a bit of a kick on the last mile to keep the overall pace under 10 min/mi but even that never felt out of hand. I was completely in control of the run from start to finish. Which is a bit of a breakthrough, in and of itself.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 81 degrees
Humidity: 76 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: Slight soreness in both quads during warm up. No issues with left shin, right heel or either knees.