Sunday, July 1, 2018

Recovery Run

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 19:18
Pace: 9:38 min/mi

Comments: I was pretty exhausted yesterday afternoon following the long run. I kept my activity at a minimum and tried to rest. I felt a bit stiff this morning but not really sore. I decided to try a short recovery run to see how the legs are doing.

I deliberately did a course with a few elevations and tried to keep my steps consistent but not overfast. I was expecting a 10:30-ish average pace but blew through this almost a minute per mile faster. Not sure if that's just bad pacing or good fitness.

Conditions

Hour: 8:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 79 degrees
Humidity: 81 percent
Wind: 15 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: After the long run my inside shin behind the ankle bone (not that Achilles tendon) was stiff. It felt that way as I warmed up in the run today.