Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:33
Pace: 10:08 min/mi

Comments: Not so much a recovery run as a little trip on the struggle bus. The warm up was a creaky slog and, although I got a bit more into it, the effort was a bit of a battle the whole way.

One of the weird things about recovery runs is the fact that even though I am significantly slower, my heart rate is far higher over the course of the workout than even my fast runs. And I can feel the difference.

This will be an irregular week with an early long run. I'll see how the intervals go tomorrow in deciding how to handle the training runs on the schedule.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 82 degrees
Humidity: 61 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada