Friday, July 27, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 15 miles
Time: 2:39:49
Pace: 10:39 min/mi

Comments: Alrighty. The big boy on a short week and under extreme humid conditions. I moved the long run forward a couple of days this week because of weekend plans. Then, since I was in Florida, I had to get out early because of the heat but that meant maximum humidity. Things turned out about as I expected.

It was dark and very very humid getting going. I deliberately kept things slow and didn't look at the Garmin to make sure I would keep it that way. This route was along a local highway so the hills were long and gradual. The kind that eventually suck the life out of your legs.

At about the halfway mark I was still feeling pretty good but the sun was finally up and I could tell it was going to get rough. A few miles later and the heat went up to "oppressive" and my pace slowed considerably. Chafing turned out to be a real problem on this one.

I planned to do just 14 miles but had a bit over an extra half mile at the end so just got the rest to make it an even 15.

Conditions

Hour: 5:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 75 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Davenport, Florida
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada