Sunday, July 22, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 13.1 miles
Time: 2:05:50
Pace: 9:36 min/mi

Comments: I wasn't sure what my performance would be like today given the five-straight days of runs and insane heat. I was up pretty early and, even though I didn't get a full night's sleep, I felt pretty rested. My legs weren't excessively fatigued either.

I started out with the goal of 10 min/mi pace for the first nine miles and then 9 min/mi pace on the last four if it were possible. My pacing turned out to be pretty chaotic over the course of this one but I got under the time goal of 2:06:00 that would have given me.

I felt pretty strong with this one up until the last two miles which were more challenging than I expected. I decided to throw on the .1 at the end to allow a half marathon comparison.

Conditions

Hour: 5:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 85 degrees
Humidity: 58 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada