Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:15
Pace: 8:48 min/mi

Comments: Yesterday afternoon my lower back on the right side started feeling stiff. I thought it was just from sitting a lot of the day but it kept getting worse. By bedtime I was wondering if I would be able to run today.

It felt better this morning but still very stiff. I decided to nix the interval run and try for four miles but with the possibility of cutting it off early if the back became unbearable. Happily, it wasn't a real hindrance but it was clearly still present the whole way.

My legs felt good with this run. I warmed up quickly and had no problem holding pace the whole way. I didn't get it quite up to race pace but close enough to make it a good effort.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 65 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: The back issue.