Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:02
Pace: 8:44 min/mi

Comments: Back home and on the regular running course. The plan is to pull back and have an 'easier' week with a shorter long run. I still haven't decided if I'll take an extra day off this week but we'll see.

Instead of the usual recovery run this was a training effort and went pretty well. I got up to pace pretty fast and the final three miles were pretty consistent (within three seconds).

The heart rate stayed in the moderate/tempo range -- meaning a pace I feel I can hold over a full half marathon. That's now under 9 min/mi meaning a sub-2 hour half should be in my ability again.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 71 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada