Saturday, August 4, 2018

Tempo Run

Distance: 4.01 miles
Time: 32:21
Pace: 8:04 min/mi

Comments: I decided to take an extra off day yesterday. That was partly work related but also out of an abundance of caution. I've felt ragged and my back issue isn't major, but it isn't going away either.

So I was out today running on rested legs for a change. Man, I forgot how fun that really is. The plan was a race pace run in the sub 9:30 range but this one got down to 8:04 overall. That's partly due to opening it up a little on the last mile.

Normally, I'd avoid this kind of effort but it was nice to add a little intensity. I still have the long run tomorrow but it's back at the mileage I've gotten pretty used to.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 63 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: Tightness in my right quad. Slight stiffness in my lower right back.