Sunday, July 29, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:13
Pace: 8:47 min/mi

Comments: This was not one of the more intelligent things I have ever done. I wanted to get an afternoon run in but I knew there was an almost certain likelihood of storms. I got ready and saw some nearby rain and dithered a bit.

I finally just decided to go and, sure enough, it started raining heavy. I expected that but I had decided to go because there didn't seem to be any nearby lightening. I got to the halfway point and that changed dramatically.

There was one really close bolt at the turnaround but all the rest for the run were out of range. But that still didn't make it safe. I got it done -- faster than planned -- but won't be doing that again.

Conditions

Hour: 3:30 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: rain
Temperature: 81 degrees
Humidity: 100 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Davenport, Floriday
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada