Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:24
Pace: 8:35 min/mi

Comments: The plan was to put in an interval workout today but between getting up late and the stiffness in my back, I decided to go out later and dial back the effort a tad. It was plenty warm but nowhere near as hot as it was a week or so ago and the low humidity was a delight.

This was at around race pace. My splits were a little all over the place but never over the 9 min/mi threshold. I didn't really focus much on holding a steady pace, just getting a solid run in. Which this certainly was.

Conditions

Hour: noon
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 86 degrees
Humidity: 48 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: For almost a week I've had a pain in my right lower back. It came on really suddenly last Tuesday afternoon and was excruciating for about 24 hours. It's gotten much better but won't completely go away. It isn't a real hindrance on my runs, just when I'm doing stuff around the house.