Thursday, August 2, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 55:21
Pace: 9:13 min/mi

Comments: A very solid run. I wanted to just get six miles but without emphasizing the pace. Just a steady, consistent effort. And that's what I got.

It was a little cooler this morning and noticeably less humid. That helped a bit. I slept well and my lower back wasn't as stiff as it has been and that was at least encouraging.

I did increase the cadence but not to increase speed. The upshot being I got more consistent splits on the middle miles. The first mile was warmup so a bit slower and the last mile was a little faster as usual. I finished without feeling exhausted and worn out.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 74 degrees
Humidity: 62 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada