Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Interval Run

Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 35:18
Pace: n/a

Comments: After a few weeks of skipping speed work, I was pretty determined to get this workout in today. The key to making progress with this is consistency over time so I needed to get on the stick to get some payoff in the time I've got left.

I was still a bit sluggish during the warm up run but not as bad as yesterday. The first interval went well but I knew I would need to push things as the workout progressed. I made it a point to focus on increasing cadence rather than just "run faster." And I held it in the 180 spm range for most of these.

WU 0.75 7:39
1 0.5 3:28
2 0.5 3:19
3 0.5 3:20
4 0.5 3:42
5 0.5 3:23
6 0.5 3:17
CD 0.75 7:10

The fourth interval was a mess. I lost concentration and didn't start the Garmin. I tried to improve on the final two and did a decent job of getting back into form. Overall, these times compare decently with my last interval effort but there's a ways to go on this front.

Conditions

Hour: 6:20 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 81 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada