Friday, August 10, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 53:50
Pace: 8:58 min/mi

Comments: Up stupid early but it made it possible to get the run in before the chance of inclement weather arrived. The target is six miles, a mid-week longer run. If this schedule works through the weekend, I'll probably keep with it through the rest of training.

I really made a point of ignoring the watch today and just trying to hit a good race pace -- half marathon, that is. Something steady and consistent but without making me breath heavy or feel fatigued. It turns out that puts me right at 9 min/mi, which is what I was hoping for.

Overall, this week has felt pretty good. We'll see how the bigger miles over the next two days work out.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature:
Humidity:
Wind:
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada