Saturday, August 11, 2018

Tempo Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 31:15
Pace: 7:48 min/mi

Comments: Rain run. Not pleasant at all. But the one advantage of a rain run is you are committed to being miserable from the start so you might as well run your ass off.

This was scheduled to be a tempo run so I set out just to push things to what I thought might be my 10K pace. I know this should be my marathon pace but I wanted to push a little bit. I don't plan on running the last few miles of the long run at pace tomorrow.

I finally set up the segments feature in Strava with a half mile either way on the first mile of this course. So now I can gauge my pace to pretty much all my previous runs. This came in right between my half mile intervals and recovery runs.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: rain
Temperature: 71 degrees
Humidity: 99 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada