Thursday, August 9, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:34
Pace: 8:53 min/mi

Comments: The rain this morning kept me from getting out at the usual time. It was heavy and had plenty of lightening so, no bueno. I got going after it cleared, well past midday. Which meant it was sweltering. Fun.

I toyed with the idea of doing a six miler but with all the standing water, I wasn't optimistic about the condition of the non-paved portions. Instead did a double out-and-back on the paved section.

Overall it was fine. I turned it in at sub 9 min/mi which was better than I was planning but didn't feel like I was overdoing it either.

Conditions

Hour: 11:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 70 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: Quads were tight getting started.