Sunday, August 5, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 12.1 miles
Time: 1:58:54
Pace: 9:46 min/mi

Comments: Today's run followed an unusually long break from the last long run. This was partly due to being out of town but it was also helpful in terms of accommodating the planned recovery week.

I should have been running on fully rested legs but it was still a bit of a struggle to get started. After about a mile I got into the rhythm and held a 10 min/mi pace for the next seven miles without too much difficulty.

I increased the cadence and, thereby, the pace for the last four miles. I deliberately tried to keep from making it an all-out effort. I really wanted to hit more of a pace I could comfortably hold for the whole of a half-marathon. I finished feeling pretty good, not exhausted and beaten.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 79 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada