Saturday, August 18, 2018

Tempo Run

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 41:22
Pace: 8:16 min/mi

Comments: I didn't check the training plan during the week and totally forgot I added a mile to the tempo run this week. I considered pulling back to the four miles I've been doing but decided to go for it anyway. That turned out to be a good plan.

I cruised through this one the whole way. I kept pushing the pace by focusing on cadence tempo but never found myself laboring too hard. The start was tricky, as usual but it eased into the tempo pace with little difficulty. The points I eased up on the effort were where my concentration wandered a bit. Gotta work on that.

Conditions

Hour: 7:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 82 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada