Sunday, August 26, 2018

Marathon Training Summary: Week 9

Distance: 34.03 miles
Time: 5:31:19
Pace: 9:44 min/mi

Comments: This was an very unsatisfying week of training. I pushed last week's long run to Monday and it was a shambolic mess. I finished it but was completely wiped out afterward. Recovered for a nice run the next day but then had a forced day off due to work/travel.

So instead of an interval workout, I did a regular training run to follow. Got in a second training run and then hit the weekend malaise again. Saturday turned into another unexpected rest day. The intention was for a Sunday long run but, getting up, that didn't seem like the best idea and the big miles will wait for Monday once again.

I don't think this inconsistency has affected my conditioning or performance... yet. I'm more than a little concerned about the mental side of it, particularly the lack of focus. My enthusiasm has lagged a bit and I find myself dreading doing the workouts.

Some of this is probably the sheer amount of miles at this point. And some of it is the growing load of other responsibilities in my life at the moment. But I am really close to this race now and I need to get my shit together for the final push of training.

Injury update: No issues.