Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:05
Pace: 9:15 min/mi

Comments: My intent was to put a short and slow recovery run in the day after the long run. I was still feeling sore when I got up the next day so I decided to err on the side of caution. I was still a little stiff going out today but felt much better than the morning prior.

This wasn't fancy at all, just trying to get a comfortable, easy pace. I ended up with a slightly faster pace than I was really aiming for though. But there weren't any major issues with the effort. Finished feeling pretty good, not worn out.

Conditions

Hour: 9:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 82 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Soreness in my right knee the day after the long run. Nothing today.