Thursday, September 13, 2018

Interval Run

Distance: 5.28 miles
Time: 52:19
Pace: n/a

Comments: This was a delightful nightmare to start my day. Got out and got started in simply oppressive humidity. I felt OK in the warm up but certainly not "perky" by any means. Still, I felt willing to try and get the eight half mile intervals I had planned.

The first two went pretty good and the third one as well but number four was met by the struggle bus. I pushed number five with the intention on gritting my way through the second half of the planned workout but... no bueno. Called it a day after one more.

1 0.5 3:42
2 0.5 3:24
3 0.5 3:30
4 0.5 3:24
5 0.5 3:37
6 0.5 3:37

So not only did I fall short, these were noticeably slower than my other recent efforts. And, when I got back to my car, I discovered my battery had died. Fun from start to finish.

Conditions

Hour: 6:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 71 degrees
Humidity: 98 percent
Wind: cal
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada