Sunday, September 30, 2018

Marathon Training Summary: Week 14

Distance: 30.06
Time: 4:34:22
Pace: 9:08 min/mi

Comments: First week of the taper down. I ended up taking an extra rest day on Saturday because I felt really dragged down. That worked out well, though, with the strong pace effort on the Sunday long run. I've shifted the runs around next week to give another four-day run of workouts before the next off day.

I'm feeling like the strength to complete the race is there and the stamina is in the ballpark of hitting the four-hour goal. The latter is going to be a near thing though. I'll have to be very careful on the first half of the race to make it work. I need to sit down and do a little research to be ready for what the course throws at me.

Injury update: There has been tightness and various muscle aches in my upper right leg for awhile. None of it has blossomed into anything severe, but I don't want any surprises now I am in the home stretch.