Sunday, September 30, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 12.03 miles
Time: 1:46:52
Pace: 8:53 min/mi

Comments: Last long run for this marathon preparation. The goal today was to get 10 miles at race pace, allowing two miles at a minute slower for warm up/hills. Needless to say, I didn't need the wiggle room.

I really wasn't mentally into this one getting going. Felt kind of 'blah' and unmotivated. But, after the first half mile or so I started focusing on upping the cadence to handle the early hills and hit a very strong groove. After that, I worked on keeping focused and not dropping off from fatigue.

As promising as this effort is, my heart rate was pushing it for a large portion of this effort. Which makes it really unclear if I can sustain this kind of effort over the full marathon. So I need to do some research and have a gameplan ready come raceday.

Conditions

Hour: 7:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 72 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Nada.