Monday, October 1, 2018

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:01
Pace: 9:45 min/mi

Comments: Out later so had to contend with the heat/humidity. It was uncomfortable but, since this was a very easy effort, I figured it would contribute to the acclimatization strategy. So even though that made things a bit of a slog, I still spent a lot of this run easing up on the pace.

I did the first half a little faster than I was planning but got the effort closer to what I wanted on the second half. I really need to get the 10 min/mi pace dialed in prior to the race. I want to have a solid higher gear I can depend on if need be.

Conditions

Hour: 11:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 77 degrees
Humidity: 86 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Somewhat stiff from yesterday's effort plust a slight soreness in my right knee.