Thursday, September 27, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 56:24
Pace: 9:23 min/mi

Comments: After going back and forth about it in my head, I decided to nix the interval workout and go for six miles at training pace. The cool front left it very nice this morning although I did drag my feet getting out the door. Still, this is the coolest I've done a run in a while.

Like yesterday, I felt really sluggish and slow getting going but, it turned out, I was actually cranking a solid pace. Too fast, really. I spent a lot of the first half of the run applying the brakes. I felt a little better with the pace on the second half but still could have opened it up with ease.

Conditions

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear/sunny
Temperature: 64 degrees
Humidity: 77 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada