Sunday, April 5, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 6.28 miles
Time: 1:09:31
Pace: 11:04 min/mi

Comments: I was not motivated for this one in the least. The cold snap allied with the dreary weather really didn't help my already sagging spirits. I went out and did it anyway, but it really didn't ever get much better.

I varied the course a little, like I did last week and that seemed to at least keep me distracted a bit. My legs felt fine but I never really pushed myself; just plodded along to get it done.

At the end, it turned out I spent a third of the run in Zone 5 and a third of it in Zone 4. That was a bit more exertion than I expected. Still, I finished it.

Conditions

Hour: 8:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 48 degrees
Humidity: 94 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada